Seiten

Thursday 21 July 2011

Marshall McLuhan is 100

There can be something immensely liberating about relieving pressure - particularly when that pressure is internally, almost neurotically applied. A kind of psychological quantative easing.

That's what's happened to me, at any rate. Having moaned here just a few days ago about how tough life was, and about how difficult I was finding it to write anything creative, I woke up this morning (the first of four blessed days in a row when I don't have to work), heard a snippet on the news and ... bang!

There it was. The muse flung herself into my arms and gave me a hot, heavy, tongue-down-your-throat kiss.

The way it worked out, the form it took, it seemed to be more suited for posting over at Obnoxius. Still, I thought I'd give my regular readers here a link to it:


Have a good weekend, everyone ...

Talking Heads seems to be a suitable musical accompaniment to this. Thanks to Gina at Pagan Sphinx for putting this particular worm in my ear today!


Picture retrieved from:

7 comments:

  1. I hope MM is one of your muses. He still makes his imprint on many of us. Maybe we can still catch him in the rearview mirror.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's wishing him a very happy birthday. Given his state I think he will have a quiet day in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something about blogging and announcing that one is slowing that makes the muse come back like a whipped puppy. The fickle girl can't stand the thought that we might forget her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one passionate muse you have! I was reminded of Richard Thompson's I Feel So Good. Somewhere along the way I missed my calling as a radio DJ!

    As for the worm in your ear...well...I think it's a good example of the connections inherent within a digital "global village".

    Loved the essay. Wish I could leave a comment but I'm having the same sign-in problems as Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, cool blog you has, i added you in my site, pls do the same thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In one of my journals I wrote a favorite quote of his: 'The past went that-a-way. When faced with a totally new situation, we tend always to attach ourselves to objects, to the flavor of the most recent past. We look at the present through a rear view mirror. We march backwards into the future'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I liked your hark work in your page, you are writing down with good information! This web page is much interesting!
    My name is Maria, I Live on Aveiro, and I will be a fan of this web site, my personal details may not be in the best interest of everyone but I say them anyway I love football as well as sports in general, and I also play a lot The Cure on my roadtrips, I´m without boyfriend now so boys watch out for me....Just flirting with you guys lol :)! I already tried online dating it didn´t work out very well....
    I made this comment cause as I previously said I really like this page I also have a forum just as you, but mine is vey different from yours, it is about playing poker without having to make a deposit....:)
    I will also apologize by my writting it was the only way I found to communicate with you....Bye to everybody, Goodbye

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are, of course, welcome. I've had to reinstall captchas recently as - like most other bloggers - I was being plagued by spambots.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...